12.16.2008

Our beautiful Gwendolyn started middle school this year- 6th grade! She is enjoying middle school, and all the different classes she can take. She is currently in wood shop and loves it. Gwen and I participated in the Walk for the Cure this september, and she thought it was a great experience! Gwendolyn has became a truly talented writer, and is part of a Writers Guild Club after school. I'm posting one of her essays under these two pictures. We're very proud of Gwendolyn!

In Writers Guild Club, and today the teacher gave each student a single feather, and told them to write about whatever the feather inspires them to write about... This is what she came up with....

Dear Diary,
Great news! I have been sent a sign after wondering , lost in the woods for one month. I thought I'd die here, never to be rescued. But yes, I have been sent a sign, and surley, I won't die. I have seen no animals until today, when a single dove flew over me dropping but one feather. I think this to be the dove of peace and love. That feather has brought me hope, and strength to carry on. I will not give up!

1 comment:

Min said...

Ummmmm, wow!! A very gifted writer, indeed!